In this edition of the Virbela newsletter, register for our upcoming event, The Future of Giving, read key takeaways from our last panel session, ”Virtual Events Are Here to Stay,” and learn about our October Team Suite Spotlight, SCANVenger Hunt!
Upcoming Event: The Future of Giving
- While the rise of virtual worlds has been embraced for remote work and events the not-for-profit sector has not yet fully realized their potential. Join a discussion on October 28 to explore how virtual worlds could help not-for-profits build community, culture, and create the emotional connections that drive charitable giving, featuring panelists from American Cancer Society, Human Race, and SickKids. Register Now: http://futureofgiving.funraisin.co/
Spotlight: Industry Experts Agree: Virtual Event Planning Has 4 Key Elements
- Business leaders all agree: Virtual events are here to stay, and they will continue to grow in popularity over the next few years. As immersive technologies shape the future, what can companies do to attract the attention of their audiences and provide a better online experience? Read the full recap of our event, Virtual Events Are Here to Stay! Read More.
Blog: Exploring the Remote and Hybrid Education Continuum
- As we enter another year of classes, it’s time to learn a few lessons. Let’s take what we figured out in 2020 and apply it this year for a more vibrant, engaged year of learning. Read all about it in our latest blog. Read More.
Podcast: The Future of Virtual Reality
- How did Alex Howland find himself co-founding Virbela and working on the cutting edge of virtual reality? Tune into the Future of Tech Podcast to find out as Alex takes us through his journey from organizational psychologist into the tech world and lets us in on the secrets of how experiential learning is playing a role in the future of virtual reality. Listen now!
Team Suite Spotlight: SCANVenger Hunt
- Check our October Virbela Team Suite Spotlight! This month, we are highlighting SCANVenger Hunt, who use their Virbela team suite to showcase how event organizers can boost event engagement through gamification. Learn more about Team Suites and use code 'workfromhome' for 10% off your monthly Team Suite subscription. Learn More.
Industry News: Facebook Horizon Workrooms vs FRAME by Virbela
- Designed by Virbela, FRAME is a comprehensive virtual environment offering users an easy way to share ideas and thoughts in real-time. With FRAME, educational and professional teams alike can step into customizable environments, where they can connect with their peers, and share all kinds of crucial content in the same space. Read a full comparison of FRAME vs. Facebook Horizon Workrooms in XR Today! Read More.
Industry News: Best Work-Life Balance 2021
- The employee ratings are in - Virbela has been named a Best Company for Work-Life Balance by Comparably in their Q3 2021 awards! Check out the full list of winners in Business Insider. Read More
A snapshot of where you can find Virbela in the next few weeks.
- The Future of Giving - While the rise of virtual worlds has been embraced for remote work and events the not-for-profit sector has not yet fully realized their potential. Join a discussion on October 28 to explore how virtual worlds could help not-for-profits build community, culture, and create the emotional connections that drive charitable giving, featuring panelists from American Cancer Society, Facebook, and Sick Kids. - October 28, 2021
- Exploring the Metaverse - Virtual Events Group - Let's play in the metaverse, the online world where every brand, creator, meeting maker, and event planner is experimenting with the future of digital engagement. Hear from the metaverse's guru, Cathy Hackl, and Co-Founder & President of Virbela, Alex Howland, followed by a tour of Virbela -- a campus in the metaverse with everything from office space to beaches. Don't forget to register to reserve your space! - November 16, 3 pm ET
Events happening in the Virbela Open Campus.
- Open Campus Tours - Get a guided tour of campus and learn about tools and capabilities. Available Monday through Friday. 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m. PT / Noon, 2 p.m., 4 p.m. ET. Meet at the Welcome Area
- Getting Started with Virbela - New to campus? Learn the basics in this crash course. 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET. Tuesday - Friday in the Open Campus Conference Hall
- Virbela Tools for Success - Learn about the many useful tools, technologies, products, and services that are available both inside and outside the Virbela Open Campus. 2 p.m. PT / 5 p.m. ET. Tuesday & Thursday in the Open Campus Conference Hall
- Virbela Explained - Learn about all the services offered by Virbela, from the free Open Campus to having your own private event. 1 p.m. PT / 4 p.m. ET. Wednesdays in the Open Campus Conference Hall