In this edition of the Virbela newsletter, register for our next event, Virtual Events Are Here to Stay, read tips on how to balance mental health while working remotely, and learn how to plan effective diversity events!
EVENT: Virtual Events Are Here to Stay!
- Business leaders agree that virtual events are a vital component of their future event strategy, whether they’re gathering people to train, recruit, or entertain. The way we network, interact, and attend events has changed and will continue to evolve. Join us on October 5 at 2:30 pm ET for a discussion to learn how organizations are creating immersive and engaging virtual event experiences to bring people together, have fun, and build community. RSVP Now!
SPOTLIGHT: Balancing Mental Health While Working Remotely
- While many employees find considerable benefits in remote work, it’s still important to care for your staff’s mental health, just like you would in a physical office. One real risk: Burnout. Some employees just don’t bother to shut down at the end of the day. The Society for Human Resource Management, a professional organization for human resource managers and leaders, reports that remote workers may work more than they did when in an office, sometimes even adding weekend hours. Virbela Human Resources Generalist Drahnier Schmidt shares a few ways to help take care of people at your company. Read More!
BLOG: Validate Your Staff for Who They Are with Virtual Diversity Events
- With an always-on office, your company can work with people from anywhere in the world. Celebrate the genuine value each person brings with workplace diversity events! Read our latest blog for tips on designing events that help people feel seen. Read More!
EVENT: The Next Evolution - Immersive Technology in Research
- One of the key aspects of immersive technology is the cognitive dissonance that real space can be overpowered by perceived space. Join VRAR Chicago at The Next Evolution event series in the Virbela Open Campus to learn more about some of the innovations in research on immersive technology. Register Now!
Team Suite Spotlight
- Check out our first ever Virbela Team Suite Spotlight! This month, we are highlighting the National Association of Mortgage Field Services (NAMFS), who use their team suite for annual conferences, meetings, and more. They love how natural interacting with their teammates feels in #Virbela. Learn more about Team Suites and use code 'workfromhome' for 10% off your monthly Team Suite subscription. Learn More!
INDUSTRY NEWS: The Trends and Takeaways From the WebXR Business Summit
- Last week at the WebXR Business Summit, Virbela President and Co-Founder, Alex Howland, described how our own teams operate entirely inside of a Virbela Virtual World. “If we can’t get culture right, we shouldn’t expect our customers to get culture right,” said Howland. Read a full recap of the WebXR Business Summit and Alex’s session, "Creating Healthy Culture Around WebXR,” in ARPost. Read More!
INDUSTRY NEWS: FRAME by Virbela Review - Virtual Collaboration
- Incredible communication and collaboration are the key to success in a lot of businesses. For ideas to thrive, people need to be able to connect in an immersive, engaging space. Unfortunately, face-to-face interactions aren’t always an option. FRAME, the virtual ecosystem created by Virbela, promises an easy way for people to share ideas in a space they can customize to suit their needs. Read a full review of FRAME in XR Today. Read More!
A snapshot of where you can find Virbela in the next few weeks.
- VR/AR Global Summit Fall - The VR/AR Global Summit Online is an online conference, brought to you by the VR/AR Association, connecting the best virtual reality and augmented reality solution providers with enterprise and media entertainment companies. Don’t miss a presentation from Alex Howland, Co-Founder and President of Virbela on Oct 1 at 8:45 am ET. - September 29-October 1, 2021
- Future of Work: Digital - The evolution of working practices hinges on the availability and adoption of new technologies. As a result of the pandemic, many organizations have fast-tracked their plans, adapting quickly to implement new technologies that can ensure effective communication and collaboration in a crisis. But as the ‘new normal’ becomes ‘normal’, digital strategy needs to be iterated to keep up with the fast pace of technological change. The need for new investment and innovation must be balanced with equally pressing financial concerns, all the while maintaining business continuity through the uncertainty. - October 5, 2021
- UCSD Innovation at the Edge - At this Innovation at the Edge event, hear from leaders at four UC San Diego affiliated companies whose work is shaping the Metaverse - discovering where the field is going and what future career opportunities may look like. - October 7, 2021
- AT&T Business Summit - Explore how businesses are creating entirely new realities by uniting technology and human ingenuity to deliver customized, unique and safe experiences for their customers and employees. Be prepared to hear from great visionaries, gain access to global decision-makers, and dive into the technology that is shaping the future. - October 27-28, 2021
Events happening in the Virbela Open Campus.
- Open Campus Tours - Get a guided tour of campus and learn about tools and capabilities. Available Monday through Friday. 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m. PT / Noon, 2 p.m., 4 p.m. ET. Meet at the Welcome Area
- Getting Started with Virbela - New to campus? Learn the basics in this crash course. 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET. Tuesday - Friday in the Open Campus Conference Hall
- Virbela Tools for Success - Learn about the many useful tools, technologies, products, and services that are available both inside and outside the Virbela Open Campus. 2 p.m. PT / 5 p.m. ET. Tuesday & Thursday in the Open Campus Conference Hall
- Virbela Explained - Learn about all the services offered by Virbela, from the free Open Campus to having your own private event. 1 p.m. PT / 4 p.m. ET. Wednesdays in the Open Campus Conference Hall