In this edition of the Virbela newsletter, learn about our next event with L&D thought leaders, RSVP for VRDays, and read the latest blog about Tec De Monterrey’s campus powered by Virbela!
Upcoming Event: How to Make Your L&D Programs Stand Out in 2022
- Building high-performing teams and organizations with a strong culture depends on learning and development programs within organizations. However, most organizations have not yet revised their strategies to accommodate remote and hybrid work. Join our expert panelists on November 18th at 11:30 am PT as they discuss how L&D programs can help drive enterprise success. RSVP Now!
Blog: One of Latin America’s Most Prestigious Universities Builds an Immersive 3D World
- As universities continue to struggle with finding their “new norm,” Tecnológico de Monterrey has created a virtual campus where students from 26 of their brick and mortar schools throughout Mexico can meet up to participate in classes, attend events and create a sense of community. Read all about their immersive 3D World on the Virbela blog. Read More!
Industry Event: VRDays, November 13-17
- VRDays Europe is happening November 13-17 on the Laval Virtual campus, powered by Virbela! The event offers 5 days of immersive events and discussions focused on all things XR! Visit the VRDays open virtual floors for presentations on business solutions, creative industries, healthcare, and horizons. Whether you are joining for the presentations or to network with the XR community, these virtual spaces are open to all and accessible for free with the Community Pass. Want full access to the VRDays physical streamed conferences and roundtables or to attend the event live in Amsterdam? Use the code VRD21-MEDIA-FP for 20% off! RSVP Now!
Customer Spotlight: University of Europe for Applied Sciences
- The University of Europe for Applied Sciences uses their ‘Campus in the Cloud’ powered by Virbela to expand teaching and learning to immersive spaces. Check out this video for a preview of their digital campus. Watch Now!
Industry News: These Companies Are Already Living in Zuckerberg’s Metaverse
- You’ve been living in a version of a metaverse for years and now, it’s taking over the world of work. Companies big and small have been using avatar-based platforms, like Virbela, even before the pandemic began. Read more about Facebook’s entry into the Metaverse space in Wired. Read More!
Industry News: The Metaverse: What is it?
- Is the metaverse the same as VR? Which companies are building the metaverse? What is the metaverse's connection to hybrid work? Get answers to these questions and much more from TechRepublic. Read More!
A snapshot of where you can find Virbela in the next few weeks.
- AWE 2021 - Virbela Co-Founder and President Alex Howland is speaking at AWE (Augmented World Expo) USA 2021 next week! Don't miss his talk, How eXp Realty built a multi-billion dollar real estate business in #VR. November 9, 8 pm ET
- Exploring the Metaverse - Virtual Events Group - Let's play in the metaverse, the online world where every brand, creator, meeting maker, and event planner is experimenting with the future of digital engagement. Hear from the metaverse's guru, Cathy Hackl, and Co-Founder & President of Virbela, Alex Howland, followed by a tour of Virbela -- a campus in the metaverse with everything from office space to beaches. Don't forget to register to reserve your space! - November 16, 3 pm ET
Events happening in the Virbela Open Campus.
- Open Campus Tours - Get a guided tour of campus and learn about tools and capabilities. Available Monday through Friday. 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m. PT / Noon, 2 p.m., 4 p.m. ET. Meet at the Welcome Area
- Getting Started with Virbela - New to campus? Learn the basics in this crash course. 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET. Tuesday - Friday in the Open Campus Conference Hall
- Virbela Tools for Success - Learn about the many useful tools, technologies, products, and services that are available both inside and outside the Virbela Open Campus. 2 p.m. PT / 5 p.m. ET. Tuesday & Thursday in the Open Campus Conference Hall
- Virbela Explained - Learn about all the services offered by Virbela, from the free Open Campus to having your own private event. 1 p.m. PT / 4 p.m. ET. Wednesdays in the Open Campus Conference Hall