In this edition of the Virbela newsletter, gain inspiration for your upcoming seasonal events, read how companies are keeping culture alive for remote workers, and learn how to create a memorable virtual experience.
Spotlight: Seasonal Events in Virtual Platforms: Start New Cycles Together
- Once your company realizes the benefits of hybrid work, it’s easy to think in asynchronous terms. Virtual worlds are always on, and team members from around the world can bring their best work at any hour. As company cultures become more agnostic, there are still ways to transition into new cycles together. In virtual worlds powered by Virbela, parties are a big part of the appeal. To celebrate a summer well-spent and usher in the goals and moods of autumn, Virbela recently hosted a beach party. Here are a few of the highlights to use as inspiration for your own seasonal events. Read More!
Blog: Holiday Event Planning: Online and Virtual Events Are Still Going Strong
- We’re in that kind of awkward phase. Socializing is back, but not necessarily full force. Some people can’t wait to mingle; others may have liked the solitude. Online and virtual events have taken over for a while now. The outcome as we head into the pre-holiday season? Events are going to look different this year. Here’s why that’s a good thing and what you can do to stay memorable. Read more!
Coverage: How These Companies Keep Culture Alive for Remote Workers
- Just keeping a remote workforce on target with a company’s mission is hard enough, so Comparably compiled feedback from forward-thinking companies on how they are sowing culture among staff. Here’s how they are keeping the culture alive. Read more!
Virbela Team Suite Spotlight
- Check out our first ever Virbela Team Suite Spotlight! This month, we are highlighting the National Association of Mortgage Field Services (NAMFS), who use their team suite for annual conferences, meetings, and more. They love how natural interacting with their teammates feels in #Virbela. Learn more about Team Suites and use code 'workfromhome' for 10% off your monthly Team Suite subscription. Learn more!
Industry News: What's a virtual office? 3 reasons the metaverse could solve the reopening challenge
- According to Veronica Combs at TechRepublic, virtual worlds are more relevant to office life than you'd think. Read three reasons why you should consider experimenting with a virtual office. Read more!
Industry News: XR in Education 2021
- A growing number of educational institutions are relying on a persistent use of a virtual campus. Virbela users report that a sense of co-presence helps students feel more connected. Read all about XR for education in ARPost. Read more!
A snapshot of where you can find Virbela in the next few weeks.
- VR/AR Global Summit Fall - The VR/AR Global Summit Online is an online conference, brought to you by the VR/AR Association, connecting the best virtual reality and augmented reality solution providers with enterprise and media entertainment companies. Don’t miss a presentation from Alex Howland, Co-Founder and President of Virbela. - September 29-October 1, 2021
- Future of Work: Digital - The evolution of working practices hinges on the availability and adoption of new technologies. As a result of the pandemic, many organizations have fast-tracked their plans, adapting quickly to implement new technologies that can ensure effective communication and collaboration in a crisis. But as the ‘new normal’ becomes ‘normal’, digital strategy needs to be iterated to keep up with the fast pace of technological change. The need for new investment and innovation must be balanced with equally pressing financial concerns, all the while maintaining business continuity through the uncertainty. - October 5, 2021
- AT&T Business Summit - Explore how businesses are creating entirely new realities by uniting technology and human ingenuity to deliver customized, unique and safe experiences for their customers and employees. Be prepared to hear from great visionaries, gain access to global decision-makers, and dive into the technology that is shaping the future. - October 27-28, 2021
Events happening in the Virbela Open Campus.
- Open Campus Tours - Get a guided tour of campus and learn about tools and capabilities. Available Monday through Friday. 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m. PT / Noon, 2 p.m., 4 p.m. ET. Meet at the Welcome Area
- Getting Started with Virbela - New to campus? Learn the basics in this crash course. 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET. Tuesday - Friday in the Open Campus Conference Hall
- Virbela Tools for Success - Learn about the many useful tools, technologies, products, and services that are available both inside and outside the Virbela Open Campus. 2 p.m. PT / 5 p.m. ET. Tuesday & Thursday in the Open Campus Conference Hall
- Virbela Explained - Learn about all the services offered by Virbela, from the free Open Campus to having your own private event. 1 p.m. PT / 4 p.m. ET. Wednesdays in the Open Campus Conference Hall