Digital marketing has become more challenging in recent years. The sheer amount of competition for your customers’ attention is overwhelming. Advertising campaigns may have unpredictable returns, while zero-click content trends eliminate insights from attribution models. Recent privacy constraints make it hard to gain insight into evolving market segments.
Many of these typical marketing tactics overlook the qualitative aspects of customer engagement, too. Data is important, but how do you even get close to customers to truly understand them?
Metaverse events provide a scalable solution to many of the challenges the modern marketer faces. You can create memorable experiences, centered around easily configurable content, and build relationships based on mutual connection and innovation.
Here, we’ll share a few tips for you to learn more about how the metaverse can improve your company’s marketing results. Feeling inspired? Reach out to Virbela at email@example.com to discuss ideas or ask questions.
1. Define Your Objectives and Target Audience
The metaverse gives you opportunities to engage wider audiences and nurture existing ones. Create one or more target audiences to invite into the metaverse. For example, you may want to re-engage existing customers to explore new ways to innovate or expand your marketing reach to discover new prospects.
You can use a combination of first-party data from your organization, secondary data from partners, or third-party data from various marketing platforms to discover audience opportunities that align with your company’s objectives.
The metaverse provides a hook for you to earn engagement with new audiences.
2. Explore Virtual Scenes for Memorable Experiences
In Virbela, you have your choice of environments. Skip the heavy lifting and high costs of designing virtual worlds from scratch and join us in a customizable, configurable metaverse you can make your own.
- The Speakeasy: Ideal for socializing and entertainment, this dynamic lounge space offers a laid-back atmosphere with a dance floor, fostering casual interactions and a vibrant ambiance.
- Rooftop: Elevate your event by choosing the rooftop environment. Whether for exclusive product reveals or engaging discussions, the rooftop provides a versatile setting where guests can look out on an impressive virtual landscape.
- Auditorium: If your goal is to deliver impactful presentations or host panel discussions, the auditorium offers a professional setting complete with virtual seating and stage, ensuring a focused and attentive audience.
- Amphitheater: Foster a sense of community and collaboration in the amphitheater setting. This semi-circular space is conducive to engaging presentations, live performances, or interactive workshops.
- Virbela Beach: Capture the essence of relaxation and enjoyment by hosting your event on a virtual beach. This environment is perfect for casual networking, team-building activities, or simply creating a laid-back atmosphere.
- Pirate Ship: For a touch of adventure and excitement, the pirate ship environment adds a unique flair to your event. Ideal for themed gatherings or product launches, it offers an immersive and memorable experience.
- Mountainside with Campfire and Lookout: Create a cozy and intimate setting with a mountainside environment featuring a campfire and lookout point. This space is perfect for fostering meaningful conversations, building connections, and doing activities together.
You can always drop into Virbela on your own or with colleagues to explore scenes and spark conversations. Download Virbela now.
3. Encourage Networking and New Connections
The metaverse is specifically designed to facilitate social connections like the ones you’d form in offices or at physical networking events.
Virtual meet-and-greets, discussion panels, or themed social spaces can enhance participant interaction. Networking not only strengthens connections between attendees, but also cultivates a sense of community around your brand.
Gamification can also add an element of fun and competition to metaverse events, encouraging active participation. Virbela can help you incorporate challenges, quizzes, or scavenger hunts that lead to exploration of your brand’s event and product content. Reward participants with virtual tokens or other digital assets, creating an incentive for engagement and leaving a lasting impression.
4. Leverage Social Media and Influencers
Include your metaverse event as part of your integrated marketing campaign. That means including partners, industry experts and influencers to help you boost attendance and create a sense of buzz across audiences. With the right featured presenters and hosts, even attendees who can’t make it may start to watch your channels for more.
Most marketers are already adept at promoting events through typical social media channels, using organic and paid tactics to maximize reach. Influencers can help multiply your event’s impact, pulling their own audiences into your event and converting them to followers, prospects, and customers.
5. Get Started
Hosting a metaverse event is a groundbreaking way to improve engagement and conversion results—and it may be easier than you think to get started. Reach out to Virbela to meet our event planning team. We’re here to help you create results-driven virtual events that move your marketing efforts forward. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.